Dartmouth Entrepreneurs Forum—Hanover
The Dartmouth Entrepreneurs Forum (DEF) is open to the entire Dartmouth community. Fellow alumni will come in from across the country and across the business spectrum for fireside chats and industry speakers.Event Details
View Past Events
Dartmouth Entrepreneurs Forum—Hanover
The Dartmouth Entrepreneurs Forum is a bi-annual, coast to coast conference and startup competition, taking place in the fall in San Francisco and in the spring in Hanover.
Formerly Dartmouth Ventures, Dartmouth Entrepreneurs Forum | Hanover brings together the Dartmouth community from coast to coast highlighting great ideas and the network of alumni for which Dartmouth excels.
Please check back for updates and more details as the event approaches!
Ayres Private Equity Fellows
The Ayres Private Equity Fellows program, generously supported by CPE/E Board of Advisors member Charles Ayres T'87, provides opportunities for second year students interested in private equity investing. Through the program, Tuck students gain:
- Unique networking opportunities with CPE/E visiting executive guest speakers in the Venture Capital and Private Equity course, as well in center-sponsored fireside chats, workshops, conferences, and public lectures.
- Deeper understanding of the role of private equity in today's markets, the issues and opportunities; and insight into private equity careers, with support for individual career goals.
- Opportunities to pursue projects in areas of particular interest.
Fellows are chosen through a competitive process at the end of the first year at Tuck.
The Entrepreneurship Fellows program provides opportunities for second year students interested in entrepreneurship to gain a deep, customized entrepreneurial experience. Through the program, Tuck students gain:
- Personal, customized one-on-one mentorship with a successful, relevant entrepreneur and/or early-stage investor.
- Deep, personalized relationships with Dartmouth-affiliated entrepreneurs through direct cross-campus networking and idea-sharing events.
- Opportunities to pursue projects in areas of particular interest. Past projects have included:
- Launching new entrepreneurial events at Tuck like the Idea Generation Competition
- Landscape of entrepreneurship at top business schools
- Creation of an entrepreneurship wiki
Summer Internships: Maynard Internship Program
The Maynard Internship Program (MIP), generously supported by CPE/E Board of Advisors member Fred Maynard T’85, combines the summer internship with the opportunity to understand first-hand the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurial ventures. Three types of MIPs exist:
- Summer Startup Award: for students wishing to work on their venture exclusively
- Entrepreneurial Award: for students wishing to work at an early-stage company
- Private Equity (PE)/Venture Capital (VC) Award: for students wishing to work at a private equity or venture capital firm
Venture Capital Fellows
The Tuck Center for Private Equity and Entrepreneurship aims to advance the understanding of venture capital investing: the engine behind the earliest state entrepreneurial activity that drives global innovation and productivity.
The Tuck VC Fellows Program provides opportunities for second year MBA candidates interested in venture capital investing. Through this program, selected Tuck MBAs gain:
- Unique networking opportunities with Center visitors, including executives visiting the Venture Capital and Private Equity class, as well as the speakers for Center sponsored fireside chats, workshops, conference keynotes and panels, and other networking events.
- Deeper understanding of the role of venture capital in today’s markets, the issues and opportunities, and insight into venture capital careers.
- An opportunity to pursue areas of particular interest to them.
Tuck Private Equity Conference
This invitation-only event brings together senior industry practitioners from the private equity industry and interested students for an information-packed day of keynote speeches and panel discussions. See below for past conference agendas and please contact us for sponsorship information. The conference takes place in Hanover each February.
Dartmouth Entrepreneurs Forum
This invitation-only event brings together entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and interested students for a day of panels, presentations and company showcases. The event is a collaboration between Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network, Norwest Ventures, and Tuck. It takes place twice a year: Spring in Hanover and Fall in San Francisco.
See below for past keynote speakers and agendas.
Private Equity and Entrepreneurship Academic Conference
The purpose of this research group is to advance interdisciplinary research in private equity and entrepreneurship. Both theoretical and empirical work is encouraged. Interaction among scholars occurs on a continuous basis throughout the year and culminates in an annual conference, to be held at Tuck on October 20, 2017. Membership and meeting attendance will be limited to increase the interaction of people in a seminar-style setting. Tuck also hosted the 2016 conference, previously called the Finance, Organizations, and Markets Conference.
The Center invites private equity and entrepreneurship senior executives and industry leaders to visit campus throughout the academic year. The visitors speak in classes, give fireside chats or lectures for the whole community, and participate with students in one-on-one career discussions as well as in small group lunches and dinners.